Monday, June 28, 2010

Why Do We Still Have Guest Hosts?

My first thoughts for tonight's Raw have nothing to do with the superstars or storylines of Raw. No. I am going to talk about Rob Zombie. Did you miss his 5 seconds out there? He was the guest host tonight.

The guy comes out to the ring, without even bringing The Bellas with him, talks about crap, names the people in Raw's Money in the Bank match, has a meaningless exchange of "who dumped who?" with Edge, and that was basically it. Never saw him again. HUGE disappointment. I hate guest host crap, but if you are going to bring them just for boring crap like that, it still gets on my nerves. Speaking for myself, as a horror fan, I may have been interested if he incorporated that into the show somehow. Nope. I would still be somewhat unhappy that time is being wasted on guest host nonsense, but at least it would be interesting nonsense. I do not know whether they had a better plan and changed, but this was a waste tonight.

Why would celebrities still want to host with Nexus running wild? That could be the kayfabe reasoning for ending this thing. Nexus could have easily have come after Rob Zombie tonight. He is not a superstar in wrestling. Maybe they will in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment