Thursday, June 24, 2010

Poor Desmond Wolfe?

A lot of them hardcore wrestling fans out there would think Desmond Wolfe should be the centerpiece of TNA. It is those fans who voted this guy to get a title shot against Rob Van Dam a while ago. I like what I like. Should I be shedding tears for Desmond Wolfe?

Desmond Wolfe is pretty much on the same level as Daniel Bryan and Kaval when it comes to how hardcore of a fanbase they had before even making it into a major promotion. Honestly, I am liking Desmond more than some of the other things internet fans like to push down my throat. As I have said before, I only started to pay real attention to TNA once Hogan hype developed. I had not much of an impression of Desmond Wolfe before then. All that I knew was that the internet loved him. I saw him, and he has grown on me. Again, maybe it is the British thing.

Besides the fact that he has not had a big, significant win in I don't even know how long, I now see rumors popping up that the new TNA management is not very high on him. Boo hoo? In all honesty, yeah, boo hoo! I think this guy at least deserves a good push in the midcard. I could complain about how Flair's whole group is being booked too weakly overall, but that is too great a matter for right now. If they do work Desmond Wolfe completely away from the group, I am having a tough time saying that he will have many options in the midcard. So much on the show already revolves around either matters involving Flair's guys or narrow title feuds involving the lesser titles or other main event matters, I do not think Wolfe would get anything. Too much attention right now seems to be put on the ranking system. Too much attention on the main event. TNA should develop the midcard better. That is where a guy like Wolfe can come in.

Of course, I am not saying to keep him in midcard hell. Build him up there. In a perfect world, what this guy has already done in TNA would have earned him the right to be in Flair's group. But if the rumors are true, Desmond Wolfe has to be pushed well in the midcard or he may be treated even worse than some have been complaining about.

No comments:

Post a Comment