Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mr. Anderson Is An A-Hole, We Get It!

Mr. Anderson (I still like thinking of him as Kennedy), delivered another good promo again tonight. He was once again pushing the idea that he is an a-hole, the fans are a-holes, and we should all be proud of that. This is a face? It's working. His helper tonight in pushing the idea was Christy Hemme. He was pretty much getting an eyeful of the sexy Ms. Hemme. Can you blame him? Christy did well in playing against him too.

I do have some criticisms. The first may not actually be an issue, but I have seen it happen a lot in the WWE. In the WWE, you would have a heel oozing great charisma, bringing it in the ring, and doing all else to become popular with the fans, whether that was the intention or not. The WWE does turn them face. Then, instead of letting the heel continue to do what made him so over, they turn them kind of lame, at least to many fans who originally liked them. Some people eat up a lame face. Another way of looking at it, why beat a point to death? Anderson is way over. The fans know what he is about. Instead of reminding them with segments like staring at Christy Hemme, have him show it in a more productive, but still entertaining, way. This is Kennedy, I know he can do it. That brings me to my other criticism. I think they really need to start pushing him against a single heel in a real feud. I am starting to think that they may not be building this turn as a swerve. If they were, they might have focused more on Kennedy and his direct target(s). Then again, an a-hole's direct target may be anyone he can sucker. I am just reading it as TNA really trying to make sure the fans view Anderson as a face, independent of his issues with Hardy or whoever. If I am wrong, TNA did a better job in developing this thing to sell him as a face before the swerve than I would have guessed. If I am not, I would like seeing him feud with someone big. A big heel. Having him be a part of the whole army against Flair's heels is only so much. If they have him turn on Jeff in the midst of all this, fine. But if not, I hope he gets a solid feud against a top heel soon. I think they already got the point across that some wrestlers are buying it in this storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment