Monday, June 7, 2010

NXT Meets ECW

I am not one to overrate a lot of things. I like to try to call things like I see it. Speaking honestly, that ending to Raw tonight was the best thing I have seen in too long in wrestling. That was surreal for me. That was awesome.

It was John Cena vs. CM Punk in the main event. Wade Barrett walks out near the end. I figured that was no big deal. Wade gets a title shot, so I figured the WWE is teasing things from now. All of a sudden, all the NXT losers come out from all over the place. Well played, WWE. They attack CM Punk and Luke Gallows. They completely surround Cena. They all beat him down.

The fun did not stop after the match was thrown out. They destroyed the ring, announce table, staff at ringside, and showed what true havoc is. They then continued the attack on Cena. One of my only complaints can be that some of the beatdown seemed to drag on lamely, but I guess the WWE wanted all the guys out there to do something. Makes for a more interesting video package in the future. CM Punk even tried to get involved again to stop things, and he got beaten up more. That was awesome too. It shows these NXT guys will not take it easy on heels. They attack whoever is in their cross-hairs. The thumbs up from Cena was also something I did not like, but whatever.

This reminded me somewhat of the whole Alliance angle. A group "outside" the WWE attacked and raised hell for WWE wrestlers, whether face or heel. Of course, the WWE soon became the face group in the war. This, however, had so much more carnage tonight. Not what I would expect from a PG show. It was like ECW. I am talking about the real ECW. Whatever happens, I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment