Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ric Flair And Jay Lethal

That Ric Flair segment on TNA tonight was the most entertaining wrestling segment I have seen in I do not know how long that did not have someone getting beaten up. Some shoes and clothes may have taken a bump here and there, but you do not have to wreck everything at ringside or beat up everyone to entertain me.

Ric Flair was his usual energetic self. I found the idea of creating "Fortune" interesting, although I do not like the name. That is another issue. Things went crazy when Jay Lethal came out. He continued his act of pretending to be Flair. Just seeing them play off each other was great. This was a great comedy segment, but also had heart, intensity, and real purpose to it. I do not like outsiders, like guest hosts, doing it so often. Real wrestlers can do it too, and for reasons I like. I do not need a complete comic wrestler, like a Santino, creating just a joke segment or match almost every week. Wrestlers showing a little more seriousness or respect can do just a good a job. I know Jay Lethal is somewhat of a comic guy, but there is that element of respect to his character. He is not a complete joke. You are still supposed to take him somewhat seriously. I respected this more than most of the comedy segments the WWE attempts these days.

Ric Flair will face Jay Lethal. I know Flair is old, cannot go as well as he is used to, and all that, but I am still looking forward to this match. This goes back to what I said about not minding old people in TNA. I think Flair can really do something good for Lethal. Lethal gets to work with a real legend. That is something to tell the grandchildren about in years to come. By then, Jay Lethal may be something of a legend himself. Who knows? And these days are what helped to build that.

No comments:

Post a Comment