Saturday, June 12, 2010

The NXT Angle Is Not Dead Yet

This was a controversial week. Raw had the best ending I have seen in a long time. Few days later, Daniel Bryan, one of the NXT attackers, gets released. The word going around is that it was for his choking of Roberts. That is a whole other issue I do not want to touch yet. What I want to say is that I still look forward to this NXT angle. I do not believe Daniel's release, work or not and rehired or not, will stop the potential.

Yes, Daniel did push himself a bit much on Raw to make sure special attention was put on him during the attack, but it is not like that automatically makes him the NXT leader of the attack. Wade Barrett won the thing. He was the first man out. When it comes to interviews as to why NXT1 did this, and before a potential WWE talent is revealed as the overall mastermind, Wade is the man who can speak for the group. I do not believe Daniel Bryan is essential for this storyline at all.

I have to admit that the WWE did push him better from the start than any of those other rookies. Yes, he lost a lot, but he had hype on him. He had attention on him. If Cole is revealed to be the mastermind behind the attack, the WWE can easily write Daniel off as Cole not wanting him in the group. If the WWE chooses to push it as him never existing, that will be interesting to see.

To those treating this guy's release as if it is the end of the WWE world, get over it. Odds are, the WWE would have held him back greatly anyway. I got over the release of one of my favorite superstars a few months ago. I will never stop liking this person, but I will still watch Raw until the last drop of entertainment is not there for me anymore. The WWE mistreats much of their talent. They are hypocrites. They do not know what true professionalism is, yet people criticize talent who do not act professionally in the WWE environment. How is that even possible? Danielson will wrestle again. WWE did not need him. He does not need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment