Monday, June 14, 2010

I Hope R-Truth Had Fun With That U.S. Title

Miz regained the United States Championship on Raw in a four-way match. He lost it to Bret Hart about a month ago in a joke match. He lost a match to crown a new Champion after Bret became GM. R-Truth then enters the story. R-Truth defeats Chris Jericho in a non-title match. Last week, R-Truth and John Morrison lost a tag match to Miz and Ryder. Those four men competed this week, and I told you what happened.

First, what did R-Truth really do with the title? He won it, had no epic, successful title defenses, and seemed to lose it without much more to it. I feel bad for him. He does get a rematch this Sunday, but I cannot picture them trading the title around so much.

As for Miz, awesome? I enjoyed seeing him win it, I will admit that. I guess I am a bigger Miz fan than I would have liked to admit. But I was hoping that the WWE would do more for him than keep him in midcard hell. For months, they have done a number to make him stand out. He pinned Shawn Michaels. He held to Championships at the same time. He was in a main event here and there. Now what? I do not see that same rise happening now. Midcard hell may not be so bad. I can see him feuding with Morrison. Fans will love that. Besides, I cannot argue well against anyone who may say that pushing Miz too hard right now is too soon for him. Main event is too stacked as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment