Friday, June 25, 2010

Swagger Reborn?

Jack Swagger lost his World title to Rey Mysterio last Sunday. That was the end of a reign that saw Swagger drop the usual goofy demeanor he had since he came to the WWE in ECW. Even though he lost his title, however, he continues down the path of being a serious contender.

On Smackdown, in addition to saying when he will be taking his rematch, he faced Big Show. Big Show is a man Swagger has had really no luck against. When they first started this feud, I was hoping that Big Show would be used to show that Swagger can hold his own against a real main-eventer. That did not happen, until tonight. Ankle lock? Swagger showing a vicious attitude to get himself DQed and "injure" Big Show? It took losing the title to have the WWE push this intensity in him? This is what the fans need to see. I think it is a great development.

Make all the comparisons to Kurt Angle you want. When I first saw Jack Swagger, with his cocky gimmick and that pose he did, I thought of him as a Randy Orton dunked in toxic waste. He was a clown. Now he has definitely developed further to follow the path of Kurt Angle. Excuse me. The WWE has developed him further to follow the path of Kurt Angle. Honestly, he is a poor man's answer to Kurt Angle. He is going to have to develop himself further to really stand on his own, not to mention really surpass Kurt Angle. The WWE can try their little tricks to get the job done, but I doubt that will do it for me. It may con some of the fans. If it needs to be said, this is coming from a Swagger fan. I like him. I would rather the WWE stop using certain people to be answers to what TNA has, but that is another issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment