Wednesday, June 9, 2010

How Did Miz/Jericho End Up?

A few weeks ago, I talked about what may happen after Miz/Jericho got their title shot against Hart Dynasty. Where would Miz go after that? I think enough time has went by to see some kind of direction now.

I had said that I could not picture this group sticking around for long if they did not win the gold. Night after they failed to win it, they were already moving on to separate things. I have to admit, even though I was right about this team not sticking together for long, I was hoping for the end of the partnership to have a little more story to it. I was hoping that they would last a bit longer after the loss to Hart Dynasty.

I was not too concerned with what Chris Jericho would do after the team split. When I wrote about this topic last month, I said Jericho can step into a main-event feud and no one would find it strange. The night after the team split, Jericho was in the main-event, competing for a shot at the World title. He lost. I said Jericho could go after a midcard title and no one would scratch their head in confusion. The week after his loss on Raw, he had a match with the new U.S. Champion, R-Truth. The commentators pushed the idea that Jericho could become a contender for the title if he could win that match. He lost. I said he could step into a feud with Randy Orton (or any top face). This week on Raw, he continued his minor issues with Big Show. Oh, and he lost again. In about three weeks, the WWE ran through all the things I said they could do for Chris Jericho, but failed to build any of it properly. Of course, there are reasons for all these losses. The WWE can definitely push an angle around Jericho losing so much. Zack Ryder has been winning more matches than Jericho recently! The fact that Jericho did look broken after his loss to R-Truth is an indication that something will happen. I am not ready to count what the WWE has planned for Jericho out yet.

Miz was my concern. In a way, you should probably feel worse for Jericho. The guy is losing and does not have a definite feud at the moment. Miz, however, picked back up his hunt for the U.S. title this week. Being stuck in midcard hell was an option I brought up for Miz. I was hoping his alliance with Jericho would last longer, until after Cena was freed up to feud with either Jericho or Miz and the man left out could either feud with Orton or form another partnership with a top heel. I thought the WWE would do better for Miz, but I guess they are not ready to monster push him like they did others, although many of these other guys had not even been in the main WWE roster as long as Miz. There is nothing wrong with developing a feud between R-Truth and Miz. Probably a good idea. The winner gets the title, but what happens to the loser?

Both Miz and Jericho are singles competitors again. Will their partnership manifest itself again, somewhat like R-Truth and John Morrison had a reunion this week? In the end, not enough magic was invested in these egomaniacs to make me think a reunion would be that epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment