Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Curtis Axel's Slowed Momentum

I've spoken about Curtis Axel recently mainly in terms of being a possible opponent for faces to feud with. But how has the Intercontinental Champion been doing?

Things certainly have slowed for him since that big push started. No angle with Triple H. Lost to Chris Jericho. No real feud for him right now. After so much hype for the guy when he first aligned with Paul Heyman, it seems like he is not living up to the push. I don't blame him. I have my doubts about how serious the WWE was about this push to start with. Having him pick up these fluke wins would get him over? Really? People would buy into him just because certain top individuals put him over in promos. I don't think so. They didn't keep the ball rolling by having him get proper feuds with top stars. If they built up his credibility better, he might have stood a better chance of getting over. He still might not have gotten over, but he would have had a better chance. This guy isn't good enough to get over without a proper build.

Right now, he is a pawn in the issues between CM Punk and Paul Heyman. That is not a bad thing. I like how that feud is set up. I wish there were a few more Heyman guys on his side for Punk to run through before Brock Lesnar and eventually Heyman, himself. I also wish they had not wasted Curtis Axel's first loss on Chris Jericho. Save it for CM Punk on his road to Heyman. It would have meant more. I don't need to say too much about potential feuds Axel could have been getting now. RVD and Miz are two options I have already mentioned in recent days. Despite no personal feud, Curtis Axel may have lost momentum, but he's not entirely buried, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment