Monday, July 1, 2013

2013 World's Heavyweight Championship Money In The Bank Ladder Match

Wade Barrett, Jack Swagger, Antonio Cesaro, Fandango, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, and Dean Ambrose will compete for the briefcase for that World's Heavyweight Championship title shot. No Jinder Mahal? How do they expect to sell PPVs?

Should this match be considered underkill? That isn't even a word. Everyone in this match is a heel at the moment. But that isn't the real issue. Aside from Jack Swagger, none of these guys have ever held a World title in the WWE. And even Swagger is arguably an upper-midcarder at best these days. Everyone else are midcarders. That briefcase is going to lead to a huge push for someone, but the match is still lacking great stars. Then again, this match will probably not be the biggest draw of the PPV, anyway.

Would it have been better if they mixed up things a bit? Have Christian and Sheamus get involved in this match, and put Wade Barrett and Jack Swagger in the other ladder match? Or any other combination like that? Unless they are planning something unique with this huge imbalance in star power and face/heel alignment between the two matches, I think they should have mixed things up better.

Who wins? How likely is it that Jack Swagger wins a briefcase again? I don't think so. It would be a huge push for Dean Ambrose to get the briefcase. He doesn't need it. Getting to it, I am thinking they will have Wade Barrett win it. He had a ton of momentum over a year ago. An injury killed that. Many thought he was closing in on Money in the Bank back then. Will they follow through now? I think there is a chance.

Let me change gears completely. I rarely ever reread and edit my blog after I post anything. If I see a dumb spelling or grammatical mistake, I might fix that. But this is something more than that. A few weeks ago, I talked about the search engine data for my blog off of Google Analytics ( link here). I realized that I did not explain something that might confuse some people and does have an impact on the data. Just for the sake of trying to do a better job analyzing, let me mention that now. If you look at the keyword data I provided, the term "(not provided)" appears a lot. Google started doing that in 2011. People logged onto a Google account while searching get their searches blocked for their own privacy from people using Analytics. I can't tell you with any real certainty what those people were searching. Does this mean that the analysis I gave back then is completely null and void? No. The "(not provided)" term has only accounted for about 8% of my search traffic since Google started doing this. All it really means is that more people are visiting for various wrestlers and topics than the numbers are showing, which is another reason why it was the right thing to do to give an estimate of that information. Moreover, I really don't think that there is going to be that disproportionate a number of visits within that 8% than from the results I can see for any particular wrestler. For example, I have about 1,460 visits off of people searching for something having to do with Mickie James and about 30 for Jinder Mahal through all my years on this blog. I sincerely doubt that 8% I am unsure about is all searches for Jinder Mahal and none at all for Mickie James. It is going to be a mix. Lastly, the keyword data is what it is. That is an exact number of the top 10 search terms, including the number of ones that I could not see. I knew I was going to botch something when I wrote that analysis up. I don't think it really makes a big difference, but I'll just let you decide for yourself whether or not the data is still relevant to you. Just wanted to go back and explain myself on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment