Saturday, June 15, 2013

Top Searched Wrestlers For My Blog

I don't usually blog on the weekends anymore. I have something different that I wanted to do that I didn't think I would be able to make time for during my regular blogging days, so I'm taking the time to do it now. A few weeks ago, I mentioned that Mickie James was reported to be the most-searched female wrestler of 2011. That got me thinking of my own stats for this blog. My usual habit is to go on my Google Analytics account right after I write a blog entry just to see how I did for the previous day. I never actually looked at what drew the most interest for me in a given year or all time. I did that now and decided to share it and talk about it a little.

Let me first explain how I'm going to present the data. I spent some time trying to figure out how best to do it. There's a ton of information and I really have to pick and choose. And I'll probably botch explaining things right now. I'm not good with this blogging stuff. First, I'm going to be providing what the top keywords people used when they came to my blog were in 2010 (starting from April), 2011, 2012, this year so far, and all time, and the number of visits from those exact keywords. Second, I am going to give an estimate on how many visits certain selected wrestlers brought me for those five periods of time. Why is that relevant? Some people may search for "mickie james" and end up on my blog, while some people may also search for "is mickie james still in tna?" and come to my blog. How do you find out how many visits people interested in something concerning Mickie James made to my blog? You have to add up the visits for all those keywords. Analytics provides a feature where you can search how many times a specific term comes up in your list of keywords. I can just search "mickie" and it will give me a list of all the visits I got off of people visiting me with something having to do with Mickie James and the total number of visits. I will do this for a few wrestlers. And there are a few reasons why I will give an estimate and not the actual number. One is  because some fans sometimes spell the names wrong. They might spell "mickey james" by mistake. I botch names all the time, so I'm not judging. People visiting my blog from a misspelled search will not show up when I look up data based on the correct spelling. Because of that, I'll round up to the nearest 10. When I provide the numbers for the actual keywords, that will be accurate as of the time I'm writing this. Now that I am done boring you with the explanation, let me bore you with the numbers.

2010
1.aj lee240     AJ Lee- 300
2.rosa mendes49     Mickie James- 20
3.killeroflegends24     John Cena- 20
4.drew mcintyre13
5.a.j. lee12
6.aj lee wwe10
7.mickie james10
8.killeroflegends 20109
9.a.j lee8
10.wwe aj8

2011
1.killeroflegends487               Mickie James- 630
2.mickie james203               Kelly Kelly- 420
3.aj lee186               AJ Lee- 310
4.gail kim106               Gail Kim- 200
5.kelly kelly80               John Cena- 190
6.rosa mendes70               Sting- 160
7.(not provided)52               CM Punk- 90
8.joker sting51
9.sheamus46
10.alberto del rio45

2012
1.killeroflegends850            Mickie James- 700
2.(not provided)441            Kane- 630
3.zack ryder240            Kelly Kelly- 620
4.kelly kelly216            AJ Lee- 380
5.mickie james149            Zack Ryder- 340
6.kane 2012147            John Cena- 270
7.wwe kane 201296            Gail Kim- 160
8.gail kim77
9.natalya73
10.kane 2012 wwe62

2013
1.(not provided)373
2.killeroflegends266
3.big show53
4.mickie james38
5.christian mid card hero22
6.kelly kelly vs21
7.http://killeroflegends.blogspot.com/8
8.kelly kelly vs layla7
9.mark henry7
10.mickie james lesbian7




Mickie James- 120



Kelly Kelly- 70
Big Show- 70
AJ Lee- 40



John Cena- 30


Kane- 30



All Time

1.killeroflegends1,627      Mickie James- 1460  
2.(not provided)866      Kelly Kelly- 1100
3.aj lee439      AJ Lee- 1020
4.mickie james400      Kane- 740
5.kelly kelly301      John Cena- 500
6.zack ryder272      Gail Kim- 390
7.gail kim187      Big Show- 240
8.kane 2012148
9.rosa mendes137
10.big show104









































To start, people searching for "killeroflegends" are obviously looking to read my blog, specifically. I also have some readers who search specific terms whenever they want to find my blog, such as "christian mid card hero". What I am going to be discussing will have to do with wrestling fans who come to my blog looking to find something about a particular wrestler, not looking to specifically read my blog. For the most part, I will be talking about searches that bring in at least 90% new visits. This is going to be an analysis of what wrestlers the searchers are interested in, not in how regulars are coming to my blog. 

Starting in 2010, it seems a lot of people were interested in AJ Lee. What is noteworthy about that is that she wasn't even really relevant until the last few months of the year. There is also the fact that I didn't have much content on this blog yet since I didn't switch over fully here until April.

In 2011, a lot of people started talking about Mickie James. That is the year she won the Triple Crown and ended the year having been Champion 8 times. Gail Kim walked out on the WWE and headed back to TNA. Aside from those two women, TNA seemed to create a lot of interest with Sting, particularly a certain gimmick he had for a few months that year. My blog didn't seem to draw in a lot of readers for what I had to say about CM Punk's epic push that year. Fans were definitely talking about that, even if not many visited my blog to read anything about it.

What should jump out at you for the data in 2012? How many times does "kane 2012" pop up in that list of top 10 keywords? Not only are people interested in Kane, but they specifically got excited for his return and the new look, including that metal mask. I had a few visits from people searching Kane's feud with Zack Ryder, which really didn't go anywhere. Speaking of Zack Ryder, there was a ton of interest in the guy during the first two months of the year, while he was involved on that feud between Kane and John Cena. Interest fell slightly to around Wrestlemania. After that, barely anything. Not surprising. The WWE has not provided much for the guy and I don't blog about him that regularly. No reason to. Nevertheless, there were a ton of people interested in Zack Ryder for a few months. If they had continued running with him, how far could he really have gone?





Although this doesn't show up in the numbers I gave, it was in 2012 that I had the most visits in one day. That came on January 9, 2012. 80 total visits. On that one day, I got no less than 30 visits for the same reason. What monumental event occurred that shook the very foundations of the pro wrestling community? A pipe bomb? The return of a huge star? It was the debut of the Funkasaurus, Brodus Clay. Yeah. I'll just leave that there.







Looking at 2013 so far, nothing really stands out. More people are coming to my blog searching for Big Show than I would have expected. People searching for Mickie James visit my blog more often than any other female wrestler I write about. And I do talk about AJ and Kaitlyn when I have to. I give them time.



And looking at the overall numbers, I did not expect Mickie James to be the wrestler to draw the most interest when people visit my blog off their searches. I honestly thought it would be John Cena. That is why I provided the number of visits I had gotten off Cena searches. I definitely have written more blog entries about Cena than Mickie James. John Cena is the top guy in the top wrestling promotion in the world. I definitely talk about the WWE more than TNA. Even if I did talk just as much about TNA as I do the WWE, TNA doesn't push any single individual like the WWE pushes Cena. John Cena is pushed regularly and usually gets the biggest, best storylines. Even when he is not around due to injury, that is something to talk about. Even if he is around and not used for just one night, even that is something to talk about. People searching for Mickie James, who is not even pushed regularly in TNA, visit my blog more often. And the fact that she is not pushed often is definitely one of the reasons people search her. People aren't just coming to my blog looking for pictures. They want to know if she's still in TNA. Is she turning heel? I talked about the interest her title wins gained. If TNA could properly keep the ball rolling with her, they would have something.

Of course, no one should base too much off my blog stats. Just because people aren't visiting my blog when they are looking up various wrestlers, that doesn't mean those wrestlers aren't getting looked up. I am simply not providing something that those searchers are interested in enough to click that link and visit my blog. If you have studied statistics or have an interest in stats, you know getting a large sample size makes it easier to get accurate information. The more information you have, the better. I'm just one blogger. I didn't write this up as a confirmation of any report or to contradict what someone else is saying. This was just meant to give you an idea of which wrestlers people are searching for when they come to my blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment