Monday, September 10, 2012

Wade Barrett Returns

He has been gone for most of the year, but Wade Barrett has finally returned to Smackdown. He defeated Yoshi Tatsu. I know, that isn't anything too impressive. I really do hope that this does not lead to any run along the jobber circuit for Barrett. That is to say, I hope they don't waste too much time with meaningless matches against jobbers. That's filler. Barrett does not need that.

What would I have done? Go back to what I said about the feud about Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler. I would not have those two feud right now. With Barrett returning, put him back in his feud with Orton. I know the feud ended prior to the injury, but it would be a strong way to bring Barrett back. It wouldn't have to last for 3 or 4 months. Just a good shot of momentum is all you need.

Will Barrett get lost in the shuffle? There are a few heels being pushed well right now. Aside from Ziggler, you also have Alberto Del Rio going after Sheamus. Cody Rhodes has a storyline going on. Both midcard titles are held by heels, which would not make it likely for a heel like Barrett to go after them. Before the injury, it looked like they were developing him for something good. I still believe they want to do something with him, but that is not going to be easy with the present landscape. If there were more major faces who were free right now, that would work out fine. That person can enter a feud against Barrett. Should they have brought him back sooner? Later? I don't think that would have made too much of a difference. He is back now. This guy has potential, but the WWE has to deliver on their end. I would really like to know what they have planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment