Monday, August 29, 2011

Otunga And McGillicutty Have An Angle?

Otunga and McGillicutty obviously did not win back the tag titles on Raw tonight, but I did like the aftermath to their match. They faced off against Jerry Lawler, who had been criticizing them for a few weeks now. I am glad that the WWE at least has some kind of storyline going on here, whether they see it to a good finish or not. Things like this are what might make the midcard interesting again, and without being more hype than substance.

I have complimented Otunga before. He may not be a Kurt Angle in the ring, but you really don't have to be if you are solid, in there against a good opponent, and your match and storyline is being pushed right. Fans will still be interested. More importantly, I like that he can look credible. I like how he stood up to Jerry Lawler. While McGillicutty was doing his thing on the side, Otunga was right there in the main focus. I don't know if they will continue these two as a true 50/50 partnership or have Otunga stand out the most and keep McGillicutty as his sidekick. They may just scrap the whole thing soon. Whatever the case, I really hope this angle with Otunga and Lawler goes further.

No comments:

Post a Comment