Friday, August 12, 2011

How You Know TNA Cares More About Mickie James

Winter may have won the KO title from Mickie James, but that does not mean Mickie James will now be buried. Compare Mickie's treatment in WWE to how TNA will treat her now. After Mickie James would lose a title in the WWE, she would frequently be depushed right after to give some other woman on the show the chance to either put over the centerpiece or give the centerpiece, who may have been returning from an injury, the spot the WWE always wanted that woman to have. Whatever the exact circumstances, it was obvious Mickie James was never a true centerpiece in the WWE diva division. Again, pay attention to how TNA does things for Mickie now. She won a match on Impact this week. It was for a title shot, which it would have only made sense for TNA to have given her automatically after she just lost the title, but TNA does crazy stuff like that. In general, TNA is better than the WWE in trying to give their women something going on. That is why you frequently do not see one single KO angle continued every single week. Can't fit all every single week. Another issue is always some storylines and feuds ending with no strong conclusion. Stepping away from the negatives and back to the positives, my point is that I am confident TNA will definitely treat Mickie James better in her post-reign days to come than the WWE would. TNA will show whether Mickie James is a true centerpiece of the KO division or not, and I believe I will like how things turn out.

Let me just say a little more about Mickie's match on Impact this week itself. I saw the fun and entertaining Mickie James there. Aside from some of her work in the last few months in AAA, I have not really seen that recently. And how could I? TNA was having her getting beaten up by people before and after matches, getting attacked illegally by people during matches, and if there was any other possible circumstance for Mickie James to get attacked by heels, they probably tried that too. Mickie James had to play a more serious, respectful character. That's not what made her the most over diva in the WWE. With no one attacking her before, during, or after her match with Madison Rayne, as well as the fact that the match tilted more to the comedy side to hide Madison's shortcomings, Mickie James got to show some of that character. I would rather Mickie James get storylines that let her show that, rather than title reigns where her back is always to the wall and she has to play a respectful character. I think it would help the TNA product. When title matters and other matches and feuds get more serious again, Mickie James will have to change to match that seriousness. You would look pretty stupid if you are trying to look cute and end up getting laid out while you are doing it, and then come back with the same exact pattern the following week. When you have to get serious, you have to get serious. I can understand that. I just wished TNA took better advantage of Mickie's charisma.

Since I am on the subject of women's wrestling, I just want to say something related to what I say about the diva division. No one has ever asked me this question, but I know some of my few regular readers may have thought about it before or will one of these days. I'm saying things about the diva division that I have never seen anyone else ever put together. It is likely that some of the people reading my words right now have not seen anyone else say things like I am prior to when I started blogging years ago. I've looked at the history of the diva division and have developed, and am still developing, a theory of what the WWE is doing. Yes, there is a method to the madness. They are not just treating women badly and releasing them for the sake of doing it. Question is, if I care so much to actually devote time to thinking about this and talking about it again and again every few days, why am I not doing more? Why am I not trying to get people who don't read my blog to get it? Why am I not trying to make some kind of change? Do I not think it is worth it? Am I bluffing about everything I am saying? Am I afraid to be proven wrong? Am I afraid of the WWE? Thing is, I have tried on some occasions to discuss this with some individuals. They don't get it. They don't take it seriously. They think I am a blind diva fan, blind Mickie James fan, or I am trying to take something away from women like Trish Stratus. If I can't get people to understand and really care about this in one-on-one discussions, what chance will I have if I jump into a den of lions? I would get torn to shreds. It is not really a matter of being afraid I am wrong. No one I have spoken to has ever broken my theory enough to make me believe it is wrong, and I have never come across any other discussion that disproves my theory or offers a theory stronger than what I'm saying. It is a matter of figuring out how to argue what I believe in well enough against the most stubborn, ignorant, elitist, and opinionated the Internet has to offer. My kind of crowd. And should I ever meet someone who can prove everything I say wrong, I can accept that. I would welcome being set on the right path. Until then, I am going to continue to try to call it like I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment