Thursday, May 13, 2010

Go Toss Me A Salad, Maryse



Instead of featuring any diva matches on the Raw broadcast this week, we had short vignettes featuring Eve and Maryse. There is your main face and heel of Raw. The segments basically pushed the same idea, which is that these women know how to fight. Wow. Usually, I would say how great it is to let the divas get time to show character. However, when that "character" is that they know how to fight, I do not want to see that crap in segments. I want to see it in the ring.
Eve is the Diva's Champion. I like Eve. I think she has potential. It is just too obvious that they pushed this woman too fast. They failed to get her over properly. Now they want to hype how great of a fighter she is? I get disgusted when I read that whatever wrestler, whether male or female, has trained in MMA or some other fancy fighting style. When it comes time to get in the wrestling ring, many of them are either not doing anything that special at all or are doing things I have seen before, but still might be a bit impressive. I do not care if Mike Tyson can kill me in three seconds, in a wrestling match, he may just end up stumbling around like an idiot. Now the WWE wants to tell me that Eve can wrestle? Show, don't tell. Actions speak louder than words. Let me put it another way. Don't hype it, let her do it. Give Eve the time and the nod to put on the match of the night, if she can. Do not hold her back. If she fails, she fails. The WWE cannot take all the blame. They would have given her the chance to really prove herself.
Don't even get me started on Maryse. I will say that her segment had a little more worth to it than just showing she can fight, or toss a guy around. It once again pushed a bit of comedy. More importantly, it pushed her arrogant character. I will give them credit for that. That is something I would rather see pushed more in segments, not used so much in matches to kill the competitive feel. However, much like Eve, they want to push that Maryse is a woman who knows how to fight? Maryse is a lot worse than Eve. I will admit that she looked very impressive just tossing that guy around. Sadly, that is not a wrestling match that the WWE will promote. That does not prove that Maryse is still able to keep up in good matches. That does not save your diva division. I am not stupid enough to buy the hype.
The WWE continues to invest so much in their eye-candy women, and at the expense of their real wrestlers. They will be damned if the woman who takes Trish's place is not homegrown like Trish was. They will push their eye-candy until they repeat success. So many women are getting screwed in the process. And until McCool, Maryse, or now possibly Eve, get the overness, this is not the division that ran since Lita won her first title to a year or two after she retired. This is garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment