Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Batista Is Gone

How could I not talk about Batista leaving the WWE? I was talking about the new GM? The U.S. title? Bret Hart? The Great Khali? What about Batista? Mr. Spotlight! Quite possibly the biggest ass in the WWE for a long time! How can I not pay tribute to him?

I thought Batista was an idiot since they really started pushing him. Before that, while he was Devon's sidekick, I did not care about him at all. He got on the right peoples' sides and became a star. He became huge. I cannot deny that. After reading a lot of reports, I also cannot deny that this guy has been an ass to many, both men and women, both fans and wrestlers. I do not really want to hear what story he has to tell about the tough life he has had, that does not give him a right to be a jerk.

Most people will find Batista funny for the little awkward moments he has had. Basketballs don't hold grudges? Always asking for rematches? Yes, he created fads for many Internet fans. In how stupid they were, even I got some amusement from them. And I have to admit that I did find his final run as a heel funny, especially when they had him become a total ass to get heat. He was not really getting it before he took his character there. However, part of me believes that it was really not that hard for him to pretend to be a jerk and ass. For Dave Batista, it seems to just come natural.

With the way he went out, part of me does not think this is over. He may just return one day for something. I doubt he will go to TNA. They probably could not afford him. If he wants to do MMA, fine. Acting? Go ahead. I do not really care. I will not be tuning in to check up on him.

The WWE is not crippled with the less of Dave Batista. Raw was stacked with heels. Both Jericho and Edge, who turned heel on his first night back on Raw, were sent over from Smackdown. Sheamus is still being pushed hard. A guy like Miz practically has one foot in the main event. Smackdown has Swagger, Punk, and can build new stars, such as Drew McIntyre. With Batista gone, there may actually be more freshness in the WWE. Well, depending on how fresh you think John Cena vs. Sheamus or John Cena vs. Edge or John Cena vs. Orton can be. Just toss all four in the same ring. That is your next PPV.

No comments:

Post a Comment