Friday, May 9, 2014

The Kids Turn On Cena

I had been saying to expect a story in the match between John Cena and Bray Wyatt at Extreme Rules. There was a storyline they were going to push in that match. It wasn't just going to be a wrestling match. I was interested in seeing what the WWE would pull. And they did pull something. When you look back at what they pulled on the Raw prior to Extreme Rules, it makes perfect sense that the WWE would do what they did at the PPV. Of course, I am am talking about a child costing Cena the match. Bray Wyatt won the match and the psychological battle that night.

A lot of fans complained about it. That's not surprising. I didn't find it that entertaining. So far, moreover, it doesn't look like Cena is going to start sticking to one emotion for this storyline. He was horrified at Extreme Rules. It would be better if he stuck with that one direction until the WWE developed the storyline in a direction to give him momentum to feel some other way. Cena just flip-flops without a good storyline reason. That has been one of the major complaints fans have had with this storyline. I think it is justified.

Where you see a bunch of children, I see little Zack Ryders. I brought up just this week that Zack Ryder was a pawn, or supporting character, in the feud between John Cena and Kane. This storyline right now is comparable to that. Bray Wyatt is in Kane's position. John Cena is playing the role of John Cena. Where's Ryder? Where's that character caught in the middle of all this that the evil heel is taking advantage of to get to Cena? That would be children. I really don't like it. And it's this kind of thing that makes me not become a fan of John Cena simply because of his work ethic and all he does for the children. Does he do it because he is such a great guy? Or so the WWE can push that image and occasionally take advantage of these children in storylines. The WWE has used children before in storylines, I know that. But I just don't like it when they do this kind of thing with Cena. Makes me doubt him. And I don't like the overall storyline that much.

I was interested to see how they would further the storyline at Extreme Rules. I am slightly interested to see what happens next. It seems obvious. You have the reunion of Cena and his young fanbase. Cena breaks the hold Wyatt has on them. How exactly will the WWE do it? That is the question. I am hoping this feud comes to an end at the next PPV. There is no further need to drag it on. Wyatt got his win against Cena and a huge psychological win to make this feud more heated. Develop things for the finish. If they drag it on much longer, it may become painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment