Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Cena Gets A Hand Against The Wyatts

I don't even feel like talking about John Cena's feud against The Wyatts. It isn't interesting me. Nevertheless, it is one of the main angles going on. I should talk about it.

What has been the main development in the last few weeks of this feud? Cena will face Bray Wyatt at Payback in a Last Man Standing match. Outside of that, Cena now has The Usos to help him against the Berenstain Bears. That makes sense. The WWE pretty much needed to add in a few face supporting players to help drag this storyline on further. But it is really dull development. I feel the WWE has indeed failed to keep the direction going that they had developed a few weeks ago.

Let me focus on tag titles for a moment. Should the WWE have The Usos drop the titles to The Wyatts? I don't think it is necessary. Then again, there aren't a lot of worthy tag teams. I still think the best option would have been for Randy Orton and Batista to win them, then eventually drop them to The Shield. I think that feud could use something like that. This Wyatt feud right now is really just between Cena and Bray. The Usos losing would not really help. They could try selling the idea The Usos lost because of something Cena did to inadvertently screw them, which leads to Cena further losing support of people that were on his side, but they already have so much going on in this feud. Don't cram more in.

This feud is so dry right now, I don't think it will end at Payback. I don't think they'll end it like that. They will build it back up to a climax, then have Cena go over to end it. I think this feud should have reached it's climax around Extreme Rules. After that, they should have started building to the finish. Instead, they somehow allowed all that momentum to die. As I said, I really don't think they will end it like that. Not with a storyline involving John Cena. Can they really get this to last 2 more months into Summerslam after Payback? 

No comments:

Post a Comment