Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tensai Beats Cena

First, you had CM Punk vs. Mark Henry for the WWE Championship open the show, while John Cena vs. Lord Tensai closed the show. Ridiculous. I could understand the WWE allowing Cena to still get the top spot when The Rock or Brock were around, but Lesnar was not even on the show this week. This week, moreover, you had a title match that had been getting developed for a few weeks now. You have the fact that this title match is part of an even bigger feud between Punk and Jericho. And yet, for just one week, they could not let things shift so your top Champion on the show gets the top spot over the top face? I'll admit, the second hour of Raw saw more viewers than the first, but I still dislike booking like that. They should do a better job of getting their priorities straight.

Lord Tensai is a priority? He not only main-evented a Raw that included a WWE Championship match on the card, he beat the top guy of the company. Of course, it wasn't clean. Just look at Cena's face. There was also a lot of interference. And yet, it is big for this guy to be pushed this hard. This is probably the kind of push some people thought Brodus Clay would get, before he danced on down the aisle. But Tensai was just a supporting player in the bigger feud between Cena and Lesnar this week. As the storyline goes, Laurinaitis has had enough with Cena. Tensai is pretty much his Umaga. That is where this character will probably go.

Unlike Brodus Clay, it didn't take Tensai long to get off the jobber circuit and have a serious match. I wasn't impressed with this guy before. Has my opinion changed? No. He's not as horrible as The Great Khali, but I just don't find him too impressive. They are hyping him hard. If the fans buy into him, it all got the job done. And I mean beyond chanting "Albert" to annoy him. I actually liked Umaga. I can't really tell yet what I really dislike about Tensai.

No comments:

Post a Comment