Monday, April 9, 2012

Brodus Finally Has A Purpose?

Last week on Raw, Brodus Clay was not featured in his regular squash match. Instead, he came out to help Santino when Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger were going after him. Two comedy faces look like they are teaming up. It finally gives Brodus some direction. For that, I am happy about this. It might even freshen up the tag division, if this team remains together for a while. So far, Epico and Primo have not really feuded with a lot of good teams. Kofi Kingston and R-Truth look like they may not continue as a team. The Usos are used poorly. All the other random pairings that can pop up won't heat up the division properly. What I like about a team like Santino and Brodus is that they have something in common, slightly. As I said before, they are both comedy guys. They can entertain the fans. I really think this can be a productive team, and a good chance for Brodus to do more.

I just have one slight issue. Will they eventually win the tag titles? If they do, why should Santino be loaded with that and the U.S. Championship? I would hope they get the title off Santino before really pushing him in the tag division. Give it to a heel who could use it and defend it more regularly. I know Santino is popular, but he does not need so many titles to build his credibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment