Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Monster Kane Vs. Randy Orton

When I started talking about this feud between Kane and Randy Orton a month ago, I didn't like how weak Kane was looking. More focus was on Orton than Kane. In a Wrestlemania match a lot of people, including myself, thought would go to Orton, the build was actually pointing to Kane. And Kane won. Of course, it did not end there. Randy Orton picked up a win on Smackdown since then against Kane.

And now? Monster Kane is back. He destroyed Ryder on Raw this week. It wasn't even a match. And his promo after was good. Last week, he got Randy Orton and his dad. If this were the Kane I saw heading into Wrestlemania, it would be clear they were building him up for Orton's birthday win. The fact that it is happening now seems to say they are building Kane up to lose to Orton in the final encounter.

I like how this feud has progressed. Originally, I would have liked for this just to be a Wrestlemania feud, then have Orton enter a feud with Daniel Bryan and Kane do whatever it is the WWE may have had for him. Since that did not happen, having the feud go like this is fine. So far, both men have picked up big wins over the other. The storyline has been good. I just hope they come up with a special gimmick match to end this. Extreme Rules matches and street fights are already being used. Steel cage would be boring. Boiler Room match? I would still like to see an Inferno match again. This feud is definitely building to something that needs a big match, just like with Kane vs. Cena. I actually have confidence that the WWE will pick something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment