Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Albert's Back!

Before Brock returned at the end of Raw, the debut of Lord Tensai (return of Albert or A-Train) was what I was really interested in talking about. They had been hyping this guy for weeks. He has this Japanese gimmick working for him. Even has a sidekick.

They debuted him by having him squash Alex Riley. Just when it looks like Brodus Clay may finally be elevated out of random squash matches, they bring in Lord Tensai to run through some jobbers? Anyway, what did I think of his debut? I didn't like it. It didn't help that the squash match lasted way too long. Brodus Clay has never had a squash match on Raw last that long. How many times can Daniel Bryan job to Sheamus in the time Lord Tensai took to demolish Riley? I'm sure they could have squeezed in a diva match on Raw, if this match was shorter. The hot Miami crowd didn't get killed off in the match, but is that due to how into the show they were or the quality of what was going on? As for his moves, I really was not that impressed. Just like some people were eager for Brodus to enter a real feud so he can get some real matches going, I guess I will have to wait until Tensai gets some serious matches.

If the fans connect well with his gimmick, this guy may have a good chance. Other than that, I don't see him working out. Even if the WWE does intend to push him hard, they still have other top heels, like Alberto Del Rio and Miz, who will need attention. Then you have heels who are currently injured, like Wade Barrett and Christian. Why is Lord Tensai here then? For the midcard? WWE has not been good with the midcard, especially on Raw. Just giving my initial reaction, I don't see him making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment