Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Night Of Champions 2014: Previewing The Intercontinental Championship And United States Championship Matches

It wouldn't be Night of Champions without every title being on the line. I've talked a lot about Cena. I've talked about The Bellas being inserted into the AJ/Paige feud. I have talked a little about what's going on in the tag division. I should say more about the other two title matches.

Miz gets his rematch against Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental Championship. I have already said that I would have had Ziggler win the title at this PPV, not Summerslam. No point repeating that. The WWE continues to develop Miz's Hollywood gimmick. I am not a fan of it, but it provides an interesting character. It also gives Sandow something to do now. The actual feud between Ziggler and Miz hasn't exactly been amazing, but it is better than you usually get in the midcard. Who wins? Ziggler just won the title. I see no good reason to shoot it back to The Miz.

The United States Championship feud features quite possibly the two most boring guys currently being pushed in the WWE. I am not denying that Sheamus and Cesaro can go in the ring, but they aren't exactly pushed with interesting characters right now. I am actually knocking how they are being pushed, not them. Cesaro looked so much better a few months ago. And I believe he had a shot to win the United States title back then. The WWE didn't pull the trigger then. I wouldn't be surprised if they did now. What more can Sheamus do with the title? You might as well give it to Cesaro and let him have a mediocre run with it. After all his momentum has been killed, how many fans will really care about him getting the title? Smarks will care. If there are a lot of them at Night of Champions, Cesaro beating Sheamus might be the closest thing to a "feel good" moment you get in terms of a title change.

No comments:

Post a Comment