Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Night Of Champions 2014: Previewing The Non-title Matches

Did they really end Raw with Mark Henry and Rusev? Wow! It must be football season! I know very well this was not done because this feud is so important to the WWE. The WWE wanted the Cena/Brock segment, the segment that was the most important on that show, to occur during the halftime of the NFL game on Monday. Cena pretty much spelled it out in his opening promo. I'll talk more about that on Friday. Let me just focus on Mark Henry and Rusev right now. I didn't feel this feud would be as good as the one between Rusev and Jack Swagger, but it is better than I expected. I still wouldn't say it has the same feel as seeing Swagger turn face and it working, but it is a good feud with some good segments. I am not a United States patriot, but I do like these recent feuds. How many more can they possibly come up with? And can they keep them fresh? Mark Henry has all the momentum and I don't think they are developing Rusev to put him over. Rusev wins this match. And I would expect this feud to continue.

Chris Jericho faces Randy Orton. Why? I don't know. I figured they would go with this match. You can spend hours trying to explain the storyline reason for this feud to me. I don't care. This is obvious filler. Both men had feuds that were ending in the weeks before Night of Champions, leaving them with nothing to do. It is a rushed feud, if you can even really consider this a feud. How will the WWE write Jericho off? Punt to the head? Have Christian do something to Jericho? I am actually more interested in how they write Jericho off than in which guy wins the match. The outcome will really be meaningless. Jericho doesn't need to be put over, especially if he is leaving. Orton doesn't seem to be doing anything important right now. I can see Jericho winning and Orton taking him out out of frustration. I'll go with that. Jericho wins.

Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins go at it. I feel like I have seen this match before. Very recently. Might have even been on Raw. Why would you do that? Again, I am not talking about a storyline reason. It is just this booking is stupid. Reigns won that round. He did it cleanly. You would expect Seth to win at Night of Champions. Why hand Reigns two straight wins against another guy you want to build to be a star? And because you had that clean finish, I would expect something different at the PPV. Ambrose returns? Kane does something? That match on Raw has to lead to something more at Night of Champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment