Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Going After The Seth Rollins Championship

I am not surprised that Cena would move on to a feud with The Authority after Lesnar. The way they set it up was not what I was expecting. Just yesterday, I talked about a face vs. face rivalry that I would have between Cena and Roman Reigns that would culminate with Reigns eliminating Cena to win the Royal Rumble. You seem to have a bit of a face vs. face rivalry between Cena and Dean Ambrose. What are they both after? A title? No. They both want to get their hands on Seth Rollins. Rollins has his obvious issues with Dean Ambrose. At Night of Champions, he cost John Cena the match.

I could imagine The Authority booking Cena vs. Ambrose with the winner getting Seth Rollins. I could also imagine Randy Orton, Kane & Seth interfering in that match. Beyond that, there really is no real tension between Cena and Ambrose. They both want the same target. This feud will most likely lead to some tag match at Hell in a Cell. If Roman Reigns was still around, he would most likely be in that picture.

Many fans viewed this feud between Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose as the hottest thing going for months. You sometimes have John Cena inserted into angles that are hot or feuding against guys that are hot. Is this another example of that? One of the things people liked was these crazy brawls and Ambrose chasing after Rollins. Last night, Cena was in on that. What can you do? The WWE doing this should not be shocking.

I mentioned how the title match at Night of Champions ended. Seth Rollins interfered and tried to cash in on Lesnar. Cena stopped him. As you might imagine, a lot of fans complained about that match. Brock Lesnar looked weak. Some say that ending made no one look good. As I said last week, you were not going to get the same story you had at Summerslam. Just be thankful Brock retained. I am not surprised at how Cena looked. I am not surprised there was some kind of shady finish. I was not thinking it would be Rollins trying to cash in. I didn't think they would run an angle that might cause tension between Lesnar and The Authority. Not so soon. But that was the way they chose to do it. Overall, I am not going to complain. Lesnar could not look completely invincible forever. The way they handled the match was a convenient way to transition Cena to something else. At least he didn't win the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment