Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Del Rio Looks Strong Against Cena And Punk

My favorite part of Raw this week was definitely seeing Alberto Del Rio looking good when the cage got lowered around Del Rio himself and his two fellow competitors at Hell in a Cell. John Cena and CM Punk did indeed put him over there. Del Rio was once again looking dominant, and against two multi-time World Champions.

Problem is, I've seen this same thing before. I remember how great Del Rio looked against Big Show a few months ago. He was even dominating Cena a few weeks ago. That happens all the time, I know, but things really went downhill from there. Del Rio looked weak heading into Night of Champions and lost to Cena. After that, they rebuilt him strong again. He squashed Morrison last week. I already mentioned this week. I would have switched around how they booked the diva feud with how they booked Cena/Del Rio. Have Del Rio retain at Night of Champions (by DQ, if necessary), then have Cena win it at Hell in a Cell. For the diva feud, have Beth win at Night of Champions (again, by DQ, if necessary), then have the match at Hell in a Cell either end with Beth winning the title, if she had won by DQ before, or retaining the title (you guessed it, by DQ, if necessary). That would give reason for the Kelly/Beth feud to continue to at least one more match, which would hopefully be more than a regular match. Back to Del Rio, it would be pretty stupid to hand him back the title now. What would have been the point? Rushing another reign on Cena did not shoot ratings up that much. I still liked seeing him look strong. I buy him better than I do Miz.

No comments:

Post a Comment