Monday, September 12, 2011

Be Thankful It Isn't A Midget

The good? Otunga and McGillicutty are still being used regularly after losing the tag titles. The WWE could push some people even less worthy than these two.

The bad? They are being humiliated and jobbing. The WWE continues to have this idea pushed that they are boring. With the way they are having them job to Lawler and a mystery partner so much, this reminds me of Chavo Guerrero and his "feud" with Hornswoggle. Chavo looked like a complete joke. I am expecting Hornswoggle to be used to humiliate Otunga and McGillicutty sooner or later too. Why not? The longer this goes on, the more likely it will happen.

I was expecting a little better when it first looked like a feud would be starting between these two heels and Lawler, but there is no one to blame for my expectations not being met but me. This is the WWE. Then again, at least it is some kind of storyline. And I do like that they are at least giving them some time to talk. Too many diva feuds have I seen that were a lot more linear and boring than this. The WWE might even bring in a good surprise to be Lawler's partner eventually. A legend? That might actually make things a little more interesting. Yes, the idea of who the mystery partner of the week will be can interest some fans, but only if it is sometimes someone more than a regular WWE guy. Ryder is a jobber and Sheamus has his own thing going on right now. There is still some potential here, but I am not liking what it means for the two heels involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment