Monday, July 25, 2011

The Development Of Eve And Kelly Kelly

Let me just say that the WWE played me well with the whole CM Punk thing. I'll give them that. But that is the topic of another night.

I want to talk about diva matters. Namely, Eve and Kelly Kelly. I will start, out of fairness, with a few words about the two heels featured in the match tonight. Melina jobbed. She is the one who got pinned. Not too surprising, since she has the most credibility in this match. Besides that, with Jillian gone, Melina is the new heel lower credible jobber. As for Maryse, she did not look too spectacular there in terms of actual wrestling. Her performance reminds me why the WWE gave up on pushing her as Raw's diva centerpiece over a year ago. Yeah, she can rub her ass in someone's face to steal Kelly Kelly's taunt, which then leads to Kelly Kelly stealing Maryse's hair flip taunt, but this is why the diva division does not have much respect.

Onto the Diva's Champion herself. Kelly Kelly picked up another win. More importantly, she is getting good reactions. In other words, she is getting over, staying over, and possibly even getting more over. And that is exactly what the WWE wants. Kelly Kelly is the centerpiece of the whole diva division. Keep paying attention to how they book her, especially after she loses the title. I am simply waiting for the WWE to pull her into an elaborate storyline involving main-eventers. She had a few touches of this, especially on Smackdown this year, but I am waiting for the WWE to really pull the trigger on making her a main-eventer as they did Trish Stratus.

And Eve? She looks to finally be getting it as well. Wrestling doesn't really matter too much when it comes to getting over. Booty popping? That is PG? If I wanted to see that, I would go to Youtube and watch it. There are pretty much at least 100 videos uploaded everyday of girls doing that kind of thing. And Eve finally learned what she had to do to get a reaction. One of the reasons why I respect Mickie James, I have always found her more crazy and cute than glamorous and slutty, like the average WWE eye-candy wrestler. Even while she was doing her psycho lesbian thing or giving her opponent a kiss before kicking them in the head, she always gave off a different vibe. If she ever has to do the glamorous, sexy thing, I wouldn't turn on her. I know very well she does not need it to show her charisma and her spirit. But Eve? Then again, before I say more, she is the average WWE eye-candy wrestler. I would expect no less from her to try to get over. But Eve did not impress me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment