Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Edge Calls This Fun?

I have been watching Edge since he returned to Raw as a heel. First, he promises controversy. Recently, he promised "fun" would start. In all honesty, TOO MANY LIES! TOO MANY LIES!

The controversy thing started out a bit interestingly with how they used Edge to bring up the issue of getting a new Raw GM. Teasing that it would be Vickie Guerrero was also good. Since then, however, I have seen no controversy coming from Edge. Obviously, the "fun" he had in mind was meant to be hype for Money in the Bank. Fine. But I see no fun. I would have preferred if it meant Edge torturing Randy Orton every week, which would make their feud more interesting, add a new story to the Money in the Bank match, and lead to a big gimmick match to cap their feud. Nope. If it was really just hype for a ladder match Edge was teasing, I would have liked to see more ladder play from Edge, not just him spearing Jericho cause the two can't get along. I don't find this fun.

Obviously, the blame should not go to Edge. He is doing what the WWE is having him do. The WWE is just overhyping things. There is no real substance there. I am sure there will be "fun" at the PPV. Problem is, since I don't see any good shades of that in the build, I am not even interested in seeing the PPV.

No comments:

Post a Comment