Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hollywood Heel Miz

Before I talk about Miz, let me talk about Main Event last night. No title change, but I like that they upgraded the match to be a Last Man Standing match. That is the kind of thing the WWE has to do to make people think the WWE Network is worth getting and keeping.

I have only really mentioned Miz recently when talking about Chris Jericho's return. That's not fair. Miz is a former WWE Champion. He is a direct-to-DVD movie star. Most fans still don't like him, but I'm sure his goldfish have changed their opinion of him. Let me talk about his return and his new gimmick.

You can tell that this is an era in the WWE where they like gimmicks. Miz returned with a slight character change. Aside from the fact that he has been in movies, has a slight change in his entrance, and how he dresses, what is really special about Hollywood Heel Miz? Nothing. He seems like the same old Miz to me. When The Rock came back with a similar gimmick, he actually was entertaining. That is because he has better charisma than Miz. I don't think anything will come of this gimmick.

Should the WWE try to develop any good feuds for Miz? Aside from being an era where they like gimmicks, this is an era where they frequently fail to develop proper feuds for the majority of the roster. Should Miz be made a priority? If they are not going to have him feud against Chris Jericho, which I still think would have been a better choice than Jericho and Wyatt, I don't think they should bother trying to develop a feud for Miz. I am probably sounding like a hypocrite. I want to see guys getting good storylines and feuds. Why am I saying not to bother with Miz? I don't think he's really worth it. You have so many other guys to push, both young talent, like Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns, and veteran talent that still connect well with the fans, like Jericho and RVD. If I thought Miz's gimmick had more potential, like I feel about Rusev's gimmick, I would say he should be a priority. I just can't think of a good reason why he should be pushed well. Hand him a midcard title and let him rotate around aimlessly like Sheamus. With Barrett injured, you can say that Miz will fill his spot. And that's good enough for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment