Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chris Jericho Vs. Fandango

Chris Jericho has had some pretty big matches at Wrestlemania. Aside from being in the main event as Undisputed Champion at one time, he faced CM Punk for the WWE Championship last year and has faced Shawn Michaels at the big event. This year? Fandango. Fandango is going to make his in-ring debut at Wrestlemania against Chris Jericho.

Is this a waste of Jericho? Putting over talent is one thing, but is Fandango even going to get anywhere? I can see him eventually getting a run with a midcard title, but I don't see why you need such a big debut just to eventually get that. I could understand using Jericho to build up the credibility of a guy like Dolph Ziggler. I could understand a feud with Fandango any other time of the year. And if they would actually make this some kind of "Dancing With The Stars" storyline, I could understand that. But I don't see any of that happening. Why bother building up Fandango's credibility? Just let him entertain with his gimmick. And this storyline isn't really even that interesting. Fandango is mad because Jericho made fun of his name? That leads to a Wrestlemania feud?

Should Jericho win the match at Wrestlemania? I would say so. Even if Fandango wins, what then? He wins a World title before the year is up? I don't think so. Where would a guy like that go after beating Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania? Up or down? I don't see him getting pushed too much harder after that. No matter what, this is quite possibly the weakest Wrestlemania opponent Chris Jericho has ever had. I'm not taking a shot at Fandango's wrestling ability, but when you compare his credibility and star power to those other names Jericho has faced at Wrestlemania, Fandango is the weakest.

No comments:

Post a Comment