Monday, November 12, 2012

R-Truth Follows Kofi's Path

Before I talk about what I want to, let me go back to what I talked about last time. I went on and on, so it may have been hard to get my point. My point was, when looking at how the WWE is currently using Askana and Kaitlyn, you could either view it as the WWE's standards are dropping for their diva division or eye-candy periphery divas are being used s credible jobbers because of a shortage of real female wrestlers. Lowering of standards or credible jobber shortage? Is the problem a mix of both? Which is worse? You can argue that one is leading to the other. Point is, before you can solve your problems, it helps to know exactly what your problems are. Just saying the WWE diva division sucks is a generalization which will not help too much.

Onto R-Truth. He is in a feud with Antonio Cesaro, the U.S. Champion. It looks like he is following in the path of his former tag partner, Kofi Kingston, who is now holding a  midcard title.

Should R-Truth win the title or just be used to put over Cesaro. I don't find Cesaro too interesting, so maybe I should be saying R-Truth should win the title. And yet, I don't think he really needs it. He and Kofi just had a long run with the tag titles. R-Truth is popular and has held the U.S. title before, but I don't think tossing him a title just to save him from getting lost in the shuffle is the way to go. There are other good workers in the midcard who could use a title run to either reward them for solid work, develop them to move up the card, make midcard matters more interesting, or whatever other reason there might be. As for R-Truth, it shouldn't be hard to develop some kind of non-title feud for him.

Let me tell you how I would have handled Kofi and R-Truth after they lost the tag titles. Have both of them feud against either Miz or Cesaro. Triple threat. Neither of them would have to turn heel, but the possibility that it could happen would get fans talking and interested in the feud. At Survivor Series a few years ago, you had The Undertaker defending his World title against Big Show and Chris Jericho, who were a team at the time, and John Cena defending his World title against Triple H and Shawn Michaels, who were a team at the time. Would trying this kind of thing in the midcard have been that bad? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment