Friday, May 18, 2012

A Whole Extra Hour Of Mahal!

Okay, maybe not.

The big news concerning the WWE is that Raw will be gaining an extra hour very soon. Three hours of Raw. Good or bad? Assuming that this will be an extra hour of the regular show, and not something to simply supplement the regular show, this is a good move, in my opinion. I am always complaining that the WWE does not do a good job with their midcard these days. With a whole extra hour, that has to give more time to proper development of a few more guys every week. That means more storylines should be getting developed. If all they do is use the time to further promote guys like Cena and CM Punk, it would be horrible. Needless to say, more recaps and dull interviews would be a stupid move, as well. I'm actually not going to say that I have confidence that the WWE will do the right thing. Last time I said that, the WWE dropped the ball.

TNA also had a special announcement. They will be going live for a few weeks. A lot of people are always saying that is something that TNA needs to do. I know I have been finding myself only reading the spoilers and skipping the show recently. But will going live really help with what they want to accomplish? They want higher ratings. They are currently not a strong competition for the WWE in almost every respect. But going live? I still find they're overall product as incapable of connecting with a wide audience. They are still pushing the wrong people. It would be sad if going live does not raise ratings at all, but do not expect a 2.0 from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment