Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Teddy Long Ran Raw For The Night

The General Managers switched shows this week, which is a continuation of the storyline feud between Teddy Long and John Laurinaitis. There was that epic segment with Santino. He beat Jack Swagger for the United States Championship. Teddy Long was among the faces out there to support Santino and celebrate with him after, while Laurinaitis was there just to try to screw Santino and Long. After the win, Long kicked Laurinaitis out of the building.

After that, nothing with Teddy Long. I know the commentators sold the idea that Long was running the whole show, but I would have liked more segments to actually sell how Long is running the show, including building up allies for his war against Laurinaitis and interacting with heels who do not like what he is doing. Time that could have gone for those kinds of segments went to The Rock, and I am not going to complain about that. That was The Rock that could entertain well. And of course, other segment time had to be devoted on Raw to Shawn Michaels, Cena, and so on. I can understand why Long did not get more time, but that does not mean I have to like it.

I'm expecting better on Smackdown. The main reason for that? Smackdown doesn't really have all the epic feuds going on for it that Raw is featuring build for. There is more time for Laurinaitis to work. On Smackdown last week, he teased putting Long's girlfriend in a match with Kane. I don't know about anyone else, but that certainly draws my interest. I know, bring in Orton for the save, but it is still an interesting thing to tease. I really have hope for a good Smackdown this week.

Back to Raw for one last point. Jack Swagger lost his title. Disappointing? It is to me. He did not do anything good with the title at all. Blame the WWE for that, not Swagger. Before him, Zack Ryder did not do anything with the title, either. What will Santino do with the title? That is up to the WWE. Right now, he seems to be just a supporting character in the feud between Laurinaitis and Long. The longer that continues, the longer you may not have a good U.S. title feud. An obvious feud you can see forming is between Santino and Otunga. That might actually be good. Am I saying that the WWE should have Santino lose it to Otunga next week? No. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE did something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment