Monday, March 26, 2012

Kane's Slight Momentum Shift

On Raw tonight, Kane and Randy Orton were on opposite sides of a tag match. In the finish, Kane sent Orton into the steel post, then finished off Sheamus for Daniel Bryan to get the cheap win.

Technically, Kane now has the momentum on his side heading into his match with Randy Orton. My only complaint with this feud has been that Orton has looked too strong. It just seemed like a match the WWE would have given Orton, so giving him too much momentum just seemed awkward. It seems momentum has now shifted when it would count the most. But that's it? I mean, they could have made things worse. They could have had Orton jump back up and RKO Kane, Daniel Bryan, AJ, Michael Cole, and Jinder Mahal. I should be glad they did have Kane look good tonight. Having Kane send Orton into the post on the way to the heels winning the match just seems so simple.

To me, even though an Orton win seems likely, I still feel this is a feud for Kane to win. I hope they do decide to continue the feud beyond Wrestlemania. Let both guys have at least one big win over the other. If it doesn't happen, where does that really leave Kane's monster revival? He already seems much weaker than he was when he first returned, but I can picture him becoming even more pathetic in the coming months. I think they can come up with a good way to keep his character strong and fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment