Monday, June 27, 2011

Mark Henry Worth More Than Christian/Orton

The topic I should be talking about right now is CM Punk's promo to end Raw. He brought up some points that directly tie into what I have been saying about the WWE deciding who they want to be the real stars, using other people to put them over, not really pushing these credible jobbers the same as the real stars, and so on. I'm going to let this one slide. I do not feel like repeating myself so soon after I just talked about this in relation to Chavo's release.

That being said, I am surprised by how they are pushing Mark Henry. It is a pleasant surprise, not a bad one. Yes, they have given Mark Henry strong, short pushes all through his many years in the company, but they frequently do elaborate and big things with him. Recently, he has been laying out Big Show and Kane. He did it again tonight. This time, we saw a little of Mark Henry vs. the cage. He even through Big Show right through the cage, after Alberto Del Rio once again beat Show. A lot of hype on Mark Henry right now. They are booking him to face Randy Orton on Smackdown.

Question is, for whose benefit is Mark Henry getting this push? Who will be the man to benefit from all this momentum? Big Show? I do not see it. Big Show is often used as a credible jobber himself, as he is already helping Del Rio look good. I liked seeing how Del Rio was kicking away at Big Show in their match. I could actually buy him. But that is not the topic right now. Using Mark Henry to simply put over Show would be a waste. Having Mark Henry eventually enter a real feud with Randy Orton? Maybe. What if Mark Henry is even booked to win a MitB match? Big push for him. He is already getting built hard. There has to be some reason for it. Once again, I doubt it is just for Big Show. I also doubt it is to develop him as a centerpiece. One thing for sure, I find it more interesting than Smackdown's current main-event feud.

No comments:

Post a Comment