Monday, May 30, 2011

Alex Riley Walks On His Own

Last week, Alex Riley attacked Miz. This week, he got some of Miz again, as well as Michael Cole himself. More importantly, he got a good reaction. He also did his beatings better than Layla did against Michelle McCool a few weeks ago.
It is no surprise that I am loving this. I love seeing new, fresh wrestlers getting pushed. I don't have anything against Alex Riley. I rolled my eyes a little when the WWE was blatantly using him as an extension of Miz to make him look like a stronger heel and more of a threat to overcome, but that is more of a criticism for the WWE, not Riley.
The only question now is whether Riley is just being built up so Miz has something to do, or is this thing the start of something great for Riley? If Riley was not getting that reaction he was getting, I would say that he was just being built up to feed to Miz. But there are a whole lot of spots for someone like Alex Riley to be pushed, unlike the divas. I am not predicting he will be beating John Cena for the WWE title in a few months. I doubt he will get the kind of big push Eddie Guerrero got. But the WWE can really freshen up the midcard with how they use Alex Riley.

No comments:

Post a Comment