Monday, February 28, 2011

United States Champion Is SO Epic

I could have either taken this time to talk about Kofi Kingston, Kane, or Sheamus, instead of the guy I am going to talk about now. All of these guys used to be pretty relevant and well pushed at one time. Now what?

Daniel Bryan is the United States Champion. He is the golden one for internet fans and fans of straight wrestling. I will never hide that I really don't like the guy that much. Nevertheless, I will not say he is a poor wrestler. He can put on a great match. WWE gave him special attention since NXT1. Releasing him for supposedly choking a guy with a tie made him a legend. He won the title since all that after his epic return.

Now? The man he won the title from just destroyed him tonight. The Miz used him as fodder to make a statement. What's worse? Daniel Bryan got a mediocre reaction when he came out. That is probably giving the reaction more credit than it is due. No one really cared. What happened to that annoying guy in the audience that would make that groaning "Daniel Bryan" chant? He's back! Where's that violence he was released for? WWE has tamed him with crappy diva angles and not giving him enough worthy opponents and good match time recently. Daniel Bryan's overness is damaged.

Does the WWE care? I doubt it. They now have a credible midcard jobber. I don't think the match, if they are going there, is even worth it. In any case, my point is simply that Daniel Bryan fans should be wondering what they had asked for. Oh, but I am sure he is just "paying his dues", right?

No comments:

Post a Comment