Friday, February 11, 2011

Rising Corre

Big Show is being used as a credible jobber to make fresh, rising heels look good, but you already know that! Nothing too new for Big Show there. In this instance, an entire stable is benefiting from him.

Big Zeke is getting to show off his strength. I still don't care too much for this guy. Another muscle guy. I didn't know the WWE desperately needed another Lashley around.

Barrett, no matter how they want to sell it, is the leader figure around here. He gets more momentum and credibility as he heads into Elimination Chamber. He didn't look too horrible in the Royal Rumble either. I am not saying this guy is walking away with the title anytime soon, but they are building him in that direction better than they have some, like Sheamus.

Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater. I've been wanting them to get back the titles for a while now. They seem to be closing in. The tag division will suck whether no matter who holds it, but I think the titles should be on a team with a little more respectability. Santino doesn't need it for his comedy act. And Kozlov? I have no idea what to say. Tag defenses have comprised mainly of Santilov losing against a team one week, then retaining against that team the next week. No storyline. No hyped build. It is down there with some Diva's Championship reigns. Horrible booking. Not very entertaining and does not add value to the titles, which is something I know a lot of people care about more than me. Let Corre hold some gold now.

My point is that Barrett's group still has great potential to it. Punk's Nexus seems like crap. If done correctly, Corre can be a true main-event stable. Will that screw over Del Rio, another rising heel? I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment