Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Orton Still Just A Detail

I would be happy with either Randy Orton or Wade Barrett winning the title match in a few weeks. It would make more sense for Barrett to win it, and possibly be the best option, but none of that is the issue. Orton continues to just be a side issue in John Cena's larger issues with Nexus.

This week on Raw, Cena was simply the ref in the tag match that featured a taste of what will happen at Survivor Series. It was Barrett and Orton competing, so Cena is out of the action, depushed, not pushed as hard, and all that nice stuff people always wanted, right? I do not think so. All the attention is still on Cena and what will become of him after the PPV. Will he be free of fired? I even find it disgusting how the match is named like that. Cena is still the centerpiece. I may have been able to stomach that and Randy Orton still be WWE Champion at the same time, but this whole storyline is just annoying to me. We really need to feel sympathetic to John Cena? I understand that it helps Barrett look like a stronger heel before he eventually gets the title, but this situation just allows that politician side of Cena I hate so much shine. And I do not even get what the face argument from Orton about Cena disrespecting the WWE Championship and all the other men who have held it by screwing Orton really stands on. Many wrestlers have won the title through shade means before, just ask a few heels. I seem to remember right off my head Undertaker winning a World title many years ago thanks to a biased ref. But I do understand that they are pushing anything they can to make it seem like the ethical odds are against John Cena in this. The guy has already FUed Big Show, made main-eventers tap, and led the WWE to already beating Nexus, among other things, so what other odds are there really for this guy? WHAT WILL CENA DO!? That's the draw. I do not find it interesting. I would rather have a surprise heel turn.

In the mean time, Orton is just being moved along with the storyline. Did the WWE get scared when Raw's rating drop coincided with Orton winning the title? They have built everything on one stale face for so many years, it seems some sheep still want more of him. The WWE could have easily have made this feud more about Orton than Cena. They are not. Just go and depush the guy for real. I do not mean out of the title picture alone, I mean out of the main event. They did it when he feuded with Big Show last year. That feud was not the main Raw feud. But Triple H was there. Do I have to wish for his return? Why wait? You have Orton.

No comments:

Post a Comment