Wednesday, May 20, 2015

John Cena Vs. Kevin Owens At Elimination Chamber 2015

John Cena came out for his usual title defense on Raw. That never happened. The segment ended up being used to promote NXT and set up a new feud for Cena heading into Elimination Chamber. Kevin Owens, NXT Champion, interrupted Cena and laid him out.

Let me get a few things out of the way. I do not watch NXT. I do not care to watch NXT. I am not a fan of Kevin Owens. Aside from a few bits, I have not watched any of his work. I have never been a fan of Cena. All that out of the way, I like this feud. I think it has a good feel to it. It reminds me of when there were two (or more) World Champions in the WWE and they would sometimes face each other. You had the WWE Champion, World's Heavyweight Champion, and the ECW Champion, if you want to count that. John Cena is not the WWE Champion right now, but he is still the centerpiece until the WWE gets rolling with someone else. He has been the top guy for a decade. He is feuding against the top guy of NXT right now. John Cena is holding the United States Championship right now, but that title seems unimportant against the bigger story of NXT's top guy against the WWE's top guy.

A lot of people have been liking how they have used Cena in the last few weeks. He has been defending his title in good matches against NXT guys. This is better than just having him go through random midcarders. Of course, they can't keep it up too long. Aside from running out of good opponents, it might become stale. They'll need to mix things up more. They are showing signs of doing that. Again, I would say what matters here is that these new talent are working with the centerpiece, not necessarily the United States Championship. Nothing wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment