Wednesday, August 6, 2014

For Just $9.99, Stephanie McMahon Will Come To Your House And Give YOU A Pedigree!

For the second week in a row, Raw ends with Stephanie McMahon and Brie Bella. What else is it supposed to end with? A title feud between two guys that have yet to appear on the same night since the feud started? That is an issue for another day. As for the feud between Stephanie and Brie, there is good and bad to it.

Personally, I enjoy this feud. As a fan, I think it is fun and it reminds me of when I first started watching wrestling regularly. Stephanie McMahon is doing great. She's actually doing a legitimate finisher now. And her Pedigree is pretty good. As a fan, I cannot complain about this feud.

I have seen what other fans are saying. There are a lot of complaints. And the fact that the third hour of Raw has lost a lot of viewers in the last two weeks might be support for their criticisms. I haven't seen a quarterly breakdown to know how each segment has done, but the fact that the third hour is losing that much is worth pointing out. I remember a few weeks recently where the third hour actually did pretty well. There is a lack of star power right now. Although I do like Stephanie McMahon, how much of a star is she? Especially when she is feuding against Brie Bella? I think the number of fans that don't like this feud might just outnumber the number that do love it.

I still think this feud will help Brie get over. I have seen some fans say this feud is just filler until Daniel Bryan gets back or fans are only cheering for Brie because of Daniel Bryan. This is more than just about Daniel Bryan. He has become an afterthought in this feud. Brie is saying things the fans like hearing, she's smacking around Triple H, and she is just in a situation that can get her over. Thing is, will it be Brie Bella the performer getting over or Brie Bella the character getting over? Are fans connecting with her because of how great a performer she is or what her character is being allowed to do? I have already said that I don't think this is just a Daniel Bryan rub. Why does it matter? Personally, I respect those that can get over for the type of performer they are more than those that are built to be over. They are pushing Brie Bella so hard, it would be embarrassing for the WWE if she did not get over. I said a few days ago that the WWE would not need to go overboard with Mickie James had she gotten pushed as a top periphery diva. She has the ability to connect with fans through the type of performer she is. Are they going overboard with Brie? Regardless, she would not be connecting well with the fans without this treatment. It still remains whether they will push her as the centerpiece.

Who wins at Summerslam? I probably should wait to see who has the momentum on Raw next week, but I'll say Stephanie wins. With Nikki Bella possibly turning on her sister, that will be a great way to start a feud between them. Have Nikki screw Brie. Match quality won't be amazing, but you can cross your fingers for AJ Lee vs. Paige being good.

No comments:

Post a Comment