Monday, June 2, 2014

Cena/Wyatt & Evolution/Shield: Is It Over?

John Cena and Bray Wyatt had a brutal Last Man Standing match at Payback. Cena won. Was that the rubber match that ends it? Cena has beaten Bray Wyatt twice now. That could very well be the end of it.

I do not think it is over. I do not think it should be over. Not that way. I wish it would end, but I don't feel it is the right way to end it. Cena beat Bray Wyatt in a match that very well could be seen as the final chapter to a feud. Problem is, I do not see it as the final chapter to the storyline. I have been saying for months that there was a storyline to this feud that would impact the matches and the overall feud. How does Bray Wyatt losing that match really end the storyline? He had the whole world in his hands. He had turned Cena's fans against him. He had the children helping him to beat Cena. This feud cannot simply end with The Usos helping Cena. It would make storyline sense for this to end with the children once again standing by Cena's side. Makes you want to roll your eyes, I know, but that is the kind of thing you would expect to end this storyline. If they do walk away from Cena/Wyatt now, it would have made all that development they had before seem pointless.

Evolution does not look like Evolution. And I'm not talking about Batista's ring gear at Payback. Evolution got swept at Payback against The Shield. Evolution looks pathetic right now. This is becoming a feud where I am actually hoping for the heels to win. Yes, I am more of a fan of Evolution than I am of The Shield, but that is not the reason I want to see it. Stephanie McMahon has done such a great job terrorizing Daniel Bryan, I want to see her get what she deserves. And I actually like Stephanie McMahon. This feud has not been developed right to make me want to see The Shield win the feud.

Is it over? I don't think so. Where do they go from here? More weekly brawls? That was getting stale even before Payback. They need to do some real storyline development now. Insert someone else into the mix. Have a turn. Make a stipulation where the losing team in the next encounter has to disband. I would really like to see that last idea. Evolution can finally win and The Shield can disband somewhat amicably. And that can still branch off to some of the members feuding against the members of Evolution in singles feuds. They cannot keep The Shield together forever and keep handing them all these big wins. Where are they going to go with it? This feud against Evolution is pretty much the top of the mountain as a faction. The split should be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment