Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Corporate Kane To Bring Back The Mask

This week's Raw once again seemed more about relying on the past to deliver now. And I am not just talking about Evolution officially being back. I'll admit it, I loved hearing that theme song again. But that's another issue.

It seems the monster will be awakened once again. Kane is bringing the mask back. Let me just get what I don't like about it out of the way right now. So soon? He just had the mask taken away from him less than a year ago. I figured the mask might one day return, but not this quickly.

Aside from the suddenness of this change for Kane, I have no problem with this. When I analyzed the top search terms for my blog last year, I pointed out how popular Kane seemed to be. Specifically, fans were very interested when he came back with the mask a few years ago. They were interested in that new look. The WWE knows what it is doing. They created a ton of buzz before with Kane and they will do it again. They even created a hype video for Kane on Raw. They mean to draw interest with this and they will. Fans will be interested. I am not saying ratings will zoom to a 4.0, but this will get people excited.

Should Kane have some kind of special attire when he comes back as a masked monster? When Kane came back the last time with the mask, he also had the metal mask with him. How about mixing together the mask with his corporate look? Yes, I have horrible fashion sense. But is it really as bad as what Kane has been wrestling in since he went corporate. Aside from the return of the mask, I think a lot of fans would be interested to see what Kane will look like, if he does reinvent himself. WWE.com can add it to a top 10 list they make in a few years.

This means more for Kane than just a wardrobe change. They are making his character monstrous again. It never lasts long, but it is usually good when it happens. The worst thing they could do is have Daniel Bryan make Kane look absolutely weak and foolish. I know a lot of fans are crazy for Daniel Bryan, but the guy does not need to look untouchable now that he has won the title.

Is this the start of a title feud between Kane and Daniel Bryan? Evolution seems to be preoccupied with The Shield. Batista and Orton will eventually get title shots against Daniel Bryan. Even Triple H might put himself against Daniel Bryan again. For right now, however, a title feud between Kane and Daniel Bryan might be good. And it might be exactly what they are aiming for. Bring back the monster for Daniel Bryan to overcome him. Thing is, it has to start by making Kane look good next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment