Monday, March 17, 2014

The Shield Going Face?

It seems the WWE is changing their minds about splitting The Shield right now. Instead, it looks like they are going face. It also looks like they might be feuding with Kane.

I normally do not like inconsistency. The WWE starts going in one direction, then they suddenly drop it. That can take the audience out of what is going on. They get excited for something, then you don't follow through. I am not going to complain about that in this situation. Two reasons why. First, The Shield as faces has some good potential. This is something a lot of fans will like. If the group did split up, at least one of these guys would be lost in the shuffle within a few weeks. Second reason I am not complaining, it isn't like they went too far down the path of splitting them. They were still in an area where it is believable that they could work out their differences. I don't think there is a need to be too critical of this. I could start talking about what this means in terms of The Authority losing allies and friction once again in that regard, but I'll save that for another day when I talk about Orton and Batista.

I do not think it is hard to imagine that the WWE could go right back to splitting them up after Wrestlemania. I think they should let the group stay as faces for a few months. Let them feud against The Authority. Going back to that feud against The Wyatts would not be bad. I would have them finally split up and face each other for Summerslam. I think something like that should happen on a big PPV. I still think the WWE wasted having the group suffer their first loss as a unit on Smackdown. Have them facing each other happen at a major PPV. In between now and then, there are still some 6-man feuds you can create for The Shield. This time around, they will be the faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment