Friday, February 1, 2013

The Shield And Brad Maddox Reveal

It was finally revealed on Raw where The Shield and Brad Maddox fit into this whole drama involving CM Punk. Paul Heyman was indeed the mastermind. Vince McMahon had video evidence to prove that they were all working together to save CM Punk's title reign the numerous times they did. It wasn't for the weak reasons that The Shield and Maddox were trying to sell, which just about everyone figured. As you would guess, I have some complaining to do.

First, I am going to say what I like about what happened. There are two things I like. I'll get to the second one at the end. First, I was feeling for a long time that the WWE was under-utilizing Paul Heyman's character. I actually like how the story ended up. While Paul Heyman seemed to be not doing too much in front of the camera, he was actually scheming and up to no good behind the scenes. Clever. That actually paid off well. The ends justify the means.

Now, time to complain. The WWE went with the obvious direction with The Shield angle. Why were they attacking people? Because they were helping Paul Heyman and CM Punk. No swerve. That was kind of flat. I'm just glad they didn't try to drag this on any further. It was not a believable gimmick.

What's next for The Shield? That's something else to complain about. Cena now finds himself as one of the three guys feuding with the three-man heel stable. This wouldn't be the first time a threat is developed, fed to John Cena, and then dropped back to mediocrity. I wasn't liking this group, but going the obvious pattern by having them feud with John Cena doesn't make it better.

What about Brad Maddox? He got beaten up by The Shield. That's another guy I wasn't really caring too much about. At least The Shield can still serve some kind of purpose and then move on to possibly having good singles or tag-team careers after this storyline ends. I don't feel Maddox really has a place. He definitely served a purpose in the storyline, but what do you do with him now? I can imagine him going the route of Alex Riley.

After Vince revealed all this, he was prepared to fire Paul Heyman. What happens? The return of Brock Lesnar. That's the other thing I liked about all this. Brock laid out Vince. That should lead to Triple H returning for a rematch. This could actually lead to a better stable. A while back, I thought about whether The Shield should add members. No, I don't think Brock should join that stable. I think they should all combine with CM Punk and Heyman. The Heyman Guys? Call it whatever you want. I don't think now is the time where The Shield has to go rogue against Heyman. CM Punk does not need to go on his own now too, either. Let them all stay together for a while. What about Maddox? I don't think he's too necessary. You can have a strong, main-event stable at a good time of the year to have one. That is the best option, in my eyes anyway.   


No comments:

Post a Comment