Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Fresh Smackdown Main Event Without Randy Orton

Before I get into what I want to talk about from Smackdown, let me comment about my little mission to get people to understand the theory I believe in about the diva division and getting them to consider another explanation for why Mickie James was released. I'm not 100% talk and no action. I'm 99% talk and 1% action. That 1% was going to have to kick in sooner or later. For a while now, I was waiting for one last thing to motivate me. Strike 1 was Melina. Strike 2 was Gail Kim. Today, I came across someone who said Mickie James was released from the WWE for doing drugs. He had no real evidence. Being the open-minded person I try to be and not being afraid to research something until I am satisfied, I searched it anyway. No, I did not come across anything to make me believe Mickie James is an addict. But I did come across a topic on a Wrestlezone forum that listed why other women, including Mickie, were released. That site was one of the places I was considering really jumping in when I was ready. I just took this all as the final bit of motivation I needed.

So I make a topic about Mickie James on Wrestlezone. I was interested on starting there because they list new topics right on the front page. I knew people who visited that dirtsheet would see it. Wow! Very negative response. I approached making the topic in a conversational way. Ask a question, see how much people already know about the matter, then take it from there. I get myself bashed for not using Google to find the answer to my question? Uhh...okay. I asked the question to start a discussion. How am I supposed to have an intelligent discussion with a search engine? I don't believe Google has developed that yet. And I didn't want to act like I'm preaching down at people who have no idea what is going on. This is the exact lion's den that I knew would be difficult to crack. It's discouraging. More people are interested in making the whole diva division seem trivial, bash Mickie James, or cling to rumors and reports that have not ever been verified, than those who actually want to understand why she was released. While discussing her release, I would have also been talking about my views of how the WWE books the diva division. Didn't work out well, but I expected that. I'm not leaving the discussion quite yet. Needless to say, they have not broken my theory at all. I'll probably get tired of it and give up soon. I honestly got a headache from that topic. That isn't even one of my bad jokes.

And I'll just add this part in now. Seems they deleted the topic. Oh well! I'll rework how to better do this and try again soon. I'm no expert on spreading ideas the vast majority of people do not understand. I'll keep working and reworking.

Onto Mark Henry. Tonight's Smackdown featured the showdown between the World Champion and the returning Big Show. An altercation between these two was the closing segment of Smackdown tonight. Big Show will get a title shot. Randy Orton was featured in a tag match, teaming with Sheamus to take on Christian and Cody Rhodes. Yes, a title feud and main-event segment not involving the centerpiece, Orton. This is great. This is what I wanted to see for Christian. There is really no good reason why they could not have done something like this for Christian for either of his 2 reigns this year. Just out of respect and pleasing his fans, it would have been great. I think it might have done better for his main-event credibility than the path the WWE did choose.

Wouldn't it be funny if the WWE still inserted Orton into this feud somehow? I don't feel a strong direction pointing to Orton/Rhodes anymore. Could still happen, but they could have done better pushing it there. Don't forget that Mark Henry and Randy Orton did go at it on Raw. Can't Orton just stay out for one PPV? I wouldn't mind seeing Mark Henry vs. Big Show go at it in a title match.

No comments:

Post a Comment