Monday, January 10, 2011

John Cena Returns With A Vengeance


John Cena returns with a vengeance? Really? That was the description for tonight's Raw that I got from my TV service provider. The guy wasn't even in the arena. He was still injured this week. Promo via satellite. He is supposed to compete next week. If that happens, his injury would not have been that big of a deal. On the other side of the coin, when was the last time Punk had a televised match? You can just feel that some swerve will occur.
While I was checking the description for Raw, I had to make sure this was still the PG era. A man stood still to get whipped by other men? That was the most disgusting thing I have seen from the WWE since a certain diva angle one year ago. I enjoy good hardcore action. Diva strap matches are usually fun in that one diva gets humiliated. But what happened to Husky Harris was not about humiliation. It was not a match. Get whipped to prove you want to stay in the group. I can appreciate what they are trying to do, but this is definitely not PG. Even if this was not the PG era, this kind of thing is not why I am a wrestling fan.
In a less important matter. I do not like that CM Punk is sole leader like this. Otunga looked credible when he was calling the shots for Nexus to attack Cena a few weeks ago. I would rather see co-leaders. Punk, however, gets all the power. Then you have the fact that Punk sacrifice anything to prove he wanted to stay in Nexus himself. The remaining members just seemed to shrug that off and still accept him. What happened to the Nexus that told Wade Barrett, the former leader, that he had to prove himself or he would be kicked out of the group? Remember that Raw? Otunga was always the one who stood up. The fact that it is all Punk now just makes this storyline less interesting. Let the newer talent step up more.

No comments:

Post a Comment