Monday, January 31, 2011

Jerry Lawler Earns Title Shot

First of all, looks like I got lucky by putting up that Alberto Del Rio pic when I talked about the Royal Rumble. He won. They were pushing him so hard to sell him to the fans, I am not surprised.

As for Raw, Jerry Lawler won a battle royal to earn a title shot against Miz. Yes, Lawler got a TLC match against Miz for the title last year. Who says he shouldn't get another shot? This is good use of the legends you still have on hand to create Wrestlemanie moments that may draw. For that, I am fine with Lawler getting the push. The problem? Match quality. That TLC match was not amazing between Lawler and Miz. Lawler's performance tonight was fine, but he was no John Morrison. Most people are not a John Morrison. I will not be too hard on The King. Miz and Lawler can still tell a good story in the ring when the time comes. Near falls, interference from Riley, a few high spots, and so on. This can make for a good enough match. Let Lawler have his moment. Let the WWE use it to draw. Overall, I will not complain about this decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment